Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Welcome Home




I will say this, we are so blessed to live so close to a world class facility like Primary Childrens Hospital but its like the flotation devices on an airplane you don't want to use them!!!! Through the sobs we managed to get our affairs in order and drove to the hospital. When there we were checked in and taken to the I.C.S. (Immunal compromised systems unit) and as we are walking in one of the volunteers greets us and says "Welcome home". I have never wanted to hit a women so bad in my life, I thought that was the worst thing anyone could have ever said to anyone in any situation. Didn't she know that we were only going to be there for just a few days and would never come to think of this place as home. Well? Didn't she?

Over the next few hours we had a few textbooks worth of information regurgitated on to us and I slowly began to know what that volunteer meant. They drew a few more labs so they could determine what type of Leukemia Critter had, placed an I.V. and told us that we would have a diagnosis in the morning.

5 comments:

  1. I cannot even imagine what you are going through. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Much love Ryan and Hanna Stringham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hanna and Ryan the only way we can do this is with the love of those around us. Thank you again for your thoughts.
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in our thoughts and prayers. I was so sorry to learn this from Mark. We would love to help you in anyway. I wish you weren't having to go through this. Praying for miracles Kim & Paul Sheffield

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason & Niki, I haven't stopped thinking about you guys. I don't even know what to say. Just know how much we are praying for you, how much we love you guys, and we will help in any way if there is anything you need. Also....I agree, I would have wanted to punch that lady too!

    ReplyDelete