Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One good and one bad


Last night Critter had mac & cheese for dinner. I started scooping it onto his tray and found a hair! Gross they served us hairy mac & cheese! Then I found hair in his hands and on the back of his shirt. I realized that he has started loosing his hair. I have to admit I sat down and cried. The realization of it all hitting me. This morning when I washed his hair the sink was full of hair. I decided I wasn't ready to shave it yet but I gave him a trim because it was looking really thin and mousy. It is really uneven! (I am awful at cutting hair)! We will have to have a head shaving party soon.
On the bright side..(literally) we changed rooms! Our last room had blinds that stayed shut. I never knew what was going on outside so I requested some sun. We got a great room with a view of the mountains and the entrance to the hospital. I am entertaining myself by people watching out my window. Yes you can call me the peeper from the window! Last night I watched a man and his daughter that was probably 8 or 9 years old run in and out of the water feature in front stealing the money! I'm so glad they have given me something to do!

6 comments:

  1. I think his hair cut looks great! And I am glad that you are able to find things to be positive and smile about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very sad day for me when Odette lost her hair to. I just cut off her pigtails. I am glad you got to have a room with some sunshine...that always makes life there a little more bearable! My email is stephandkenschiess@msn.com if you ever want to contact me and my home phone is 8016532477. I am really sorry that I didn't come say goodbye. I was just so excited to get out of that place. I know you will understand my feelings if you don't already! Odette hadn't been knocking on your door because she got put in isolation for being sick and then had no counts to come out until the day we left. I hope things go well and you can have a few days off soon.
    Stephanie
    By the way, I think you did a good job on the haircut! Make sure to save some for his book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish like heck I could come and cut it for you! But it looks like you did a good job. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks very handsome!! I bet my mom is going crazy not being able to be there right now. We are crying for you too. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! Critter looks happy in that picture- good to see him smile :) He is so cute he will look great with hair or no hair- it's his personality that makes him shine! Hang in there. YAY for a window!!! That probably makes all the differance in the world when you are there so much- ahhh, enjoy it! People watching can be great fun :) love ya all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a hairstylist and I was dreading the day that my Taylie would have to lose all of her hair. Luckily for me I was in the hospital having my baby Sunnie when she decided it was time to let it all go. I didn't have to do it. Dad shaved her and she shaved him. Crazy how it all effects you in so many ways. I actually chopped about 7" off mine too. Never fear because it all will come back! You are doing amazing honey! My number is 435-258-5652, 435-881-5391 if you ever have a question or just need to talk to someone who knows the details of your heart on the matter. BTW your haircut look fab!

    ReplyDelete