Monday, April 19, 2010

NPO


So we are going for another LP today. We are scheduled for one o'clock. They tell us he needs to be NPO which means nothing by mouth in other words he can't eat until after his LP because of anethesia. So at 8am he had a bottle and it is now 12 and he is starving. I brought in my oatmeal for breakfast and he got really excited until I fed myself instead of him. He screamed for a while until I decided to sacrifice a box of kleenex. He played for a while then fell asleep for about 10 minutes but all the nurses had to come in and see him folded over asleep in all his tissues!

6 comments:

  1. What a babe! It would be so hard not letting my kids eat for so long! Zed would probably die! Talmage on the other hand.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so much better! Yay! I'm glad things went well today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niki and Jason- We just got word about Critter.
    He does look better- yay! ... Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you!

    Go Critter keep getting stronger!
    We send our love-
    The Davidsons - in Logan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you know that my family has you in our thoughts and prayers. He is a little sweetheart! Please know that I would love to have your other boys over to play and hang out anytime. Cody really enjoys playing with Luke. Much love, Rick & Ally Allen

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad that they wouldn't let him eat... how can they think that is ok. I understand medical reasons, but he's a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jason and Niki,

    Your family is in our prayers. Please let us know what we can do to help. We are good at laundry, cleaning, meals, yard work and playing with the kids. We'd love to help in anyway we can.

    Jason and Alisynn Dickson and kiddies

    ReplyDelete