Friday, May 21, 2010

Monkey Boy



At first I thought Critter would have no problems with this round but by day three he threw up his lunch and was really fussy. Last night I spent most of the night in the rocking chair holding him. But we have given him some Tylenol and he seems to be doing better. And don't feel too bad for me I put him down for a nap at noon and I slept till 2 so I made up for the bad night. I just feel bad because I now know why the other parents hated coming back to the hospital. You take a healthy kid and give them drugs that make them sick. It's no fun especially when he doesn't understand any of it.

Critter has become a monkey though. He is all over the place. He wants to crawl up the rocking chair. Crawl onto the bedside table. He even was stepping on suction canisters hooked to the wall so he could crawl up the wall! And he is standing up now on everything. He is REALLY unsteady (some of his meds may cause dizziness) but he keeps trying. When I set up the blanket on the floor with toys I put the crib on one side so he can't crawl off of it, but instead he decided to crawl onto the crib. There was a big temper tantrum when I got him out of there. We have also been roaming the halls in the walker but he has discovered that there are drawers with papers and files in them and now be lines for the nurses desk to throw papers everywhere. This also ends in a temper tantrum. I think it helps to have siblings around. He doesn't throw as many temper tantrums at home.

4 comments:

  1. I always had mixed emotions going back to the hospital. I just wanted to get everything over, but didn't want Odette to get sick or sicker again! Good Luck! I hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks too stinkin' cute to be so sick. You guys are amazing. I hope he gets to come home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was so nice to talk to you the other day again. Also to finally meet your husband. I hated going back to start another round. One of the hardest parts for me was just having to watch them be so sick. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki, How great is it that he can throw a temper tantrum! And that he is exploring and want to get into stuff. He is such a little trooper and fighting the good fight. We love you all!
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete