Thursday, June 17, 2010

Not Starving!


This is a picture of my fridge. It is full of food. My children are not starving. I start this post out like that so you can better understand how I felt about the story I am about to tell.
I worked Sunday night. Monday morning home health came and drew labs on Critter. After they left and the older kids had declined breakfast I put Critter down for a nap. I told the older two to be good and I put myself down for a nap. An hour and a half later Critter woke up. I heard him babbling in his room and got up to get him. On my way into his room I almost ran into Dallin who ran into the bathroom looking suspicious. I ignored him and retrieved Critter. When I came out Luke and Dallin were wispering to each other. Luke was laughing and Dallin was looking annoyed. I asked what was going on and they both went silent. Never a good sign. I pestered them with questions until the truth came out.
"Luke made me eat dog food" Dallin confessed. He what! I looked at Luke and said
"You made him eat dog food!" Luke replied, "I didn't make him! I had some and told him it was good and he should try it."
I turned to Dallin "So, was it good?"
"I almost threw up" Dallin replied, then he turned to Luke and said "See I told you it wasn't the smartest thing to eat!"
After a long conversation with Luke we came to the conclusion that it was cheaper for me to feed him with regular food instead of dog food unless he only wanted to eat once a day. Considering this news Luke has agreed to not eat dog food anymore. I feel I have taught my children something valuable here today. Its a good thing they have a mother!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I think every child that has a dog has given it a try! It's always good to have a sibling to talk them into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least he won't be trying that again soon :)

    ReplyDelete