Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 18


Well we have been in the hospital for 18 days now. Next week will start our fourth week. I am hoping to be discharged sometime next week. Our counts are down and when the doctors come in in the mornings I have stopped asking what our labs are for the day. Instead I give them a thumbs up and down and they motion back up or down to tell me which direction our counts are going. They are still heading down. Our challenge this week has been keeping Critter occupied. He is all over the place. He has decided it is fun to sit on the rolling bedside table.


Our lights that the docs use to look at their eyes have been replaced and then just left dead because he wont leave them alone. He will no longer stay on just his blanket so we scrub the floor and walls, that are not covered by the blanket, with bleach wipes and just let him go. The good news is yesterday he watched a full baby Einstein movie! At least he is happy. I have talked to many parents this week who have it much worse. Come to think of it I'm better off than all of the parents I have spoken with this week. We are so blessed in so many ways. I feel guilty that I have received so much when others are suffering. This experience has definatly taught me to be more aware of others trials and to be thankful for what I have.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds exhausting. I hope you are holding up ok. I'm so glad he is happy and busy instead of sad and lethargic. Hang in there. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out...before you know it, he will have figured out how to climb out of the crib! Stopped by to say hi on Tuesday, but you were out. I am so glad that things are going ok for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to love those Baby Einstein videos. Cooped up in a room like you are they are probably more appreciated than ever.

    ReplyDelete