Sunday, February 5, 2012

A little better

Well we found out that it is not the bad bug. It's a bad bug but if given a choice between the two we choose this one. It's a form of Ecoli. It is pretty resistant to antibiotics so if they can't get the infection under control they will still pull his line but so far he is fever free and all of his blood cultures are coming back clean so I think we are in the clear! I am soooo glad we can keep his line! It is a huge relief to know we won't be torturing him with regular IV lines.

I think we finally got his pain under control also. We switched his morphine to Dilotted, another narcotic pain killer that some people do better on. He sleeps most of the time but he doesn't seem like he is in as much pain. I didn't post any pictures because to be honest I don't have any. He looks awful! He is really swollen and drools all the time because he won't swallow. He doesn't even look like my little boy. Our goal for this week is to grow some white cells! Once we get whites back his body will heal. Monday is day 20 and usually we see cell growth on day 22 or 23 so I hope this week will be better.

2 comments:

  1. Let us just wish you Good Luck!!!
    This week will be a better week..
    Everyday is a gift day- even when it seems yucky

    Know we are thinking about you!
    Keep fighting Critter!
    WE send our Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love dilaudid! Best med ever. I'm glad his cultures are coming back clean! Yay!

    ReplyDelete