Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I'm Happy I'm Home


We love being home. The first few days are always really tough. He has a lot of tempertantrums. Its really hard for him to adjust to being home. I'm not sure why except that I can't hold him all the time like I do at the hospital. He had a really hard time taking his oral meds when we got home. We really only had one day of taking them at the hospital before coming home and we were really forcing them down his throat. Once we got home he was still in a fair amount of pain and we were forcing his meds down his throat and it was pretty miserable. We think maybe we pushed a little too hard to come home another day in the hospital would have been a little better but oh well we are home and things are better now. He has 4 meds he takes every morning and night and as long as he has his sprite ( he calls it his coke) and a little time to talk himself into it he will take his meds.One of his meds he takes 4 times a day so it seems like I am always trying to get him to take something. He is really happy now at home. He gets tired if we do to much but he is pretty happy. He keeps telling me..."I'm happy I'm home mom" its really cute. I posted this picture because he watches Mickey Mouse Club House A LOT and Clara Bell the cow likes to make Moo Muffins. Critter wanted to make Moo Muffins so we made some muffins together. He is eating again and he is a pickey 2 year old but at least he is eating.

I posted this picture to show how cute he used to be. We have tons of appointments to get ready for bone marrow. Yesterday we went to the dentist which turned into me and the dentist laying on him and prying his mouth open. He chipped a tooth last year and they are worried that during bone marrow transplant without an immune system he might have some kind of infection behind the tooth that will cause problems. They have decided to pull his tooth. I understand that it is the best decision I just think he will look a little funny. He is already bald! Now he will be missing his front tooth! So I wanted everyone to see a cute picture of him. I keep telling myself its just a baby tooth.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome Home! There is NO place like Home!!!
    We are excited for you to be there.

    How nice Critter can tell you how he feels & push every ones buttons- LOL
    Thanks for posting!

    Will you keep posting so we can see how all your kids are growing up?

    We wish you all good luck in the prep for his next step. We want it to go Well!!

    We send our love- The Davidsons'

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think he's cute with or without hair/teeth. I'm still waiting for the word to come and sterilize your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His sweet spirit is what always makes him cute!!! So glad that you guys are home and enjoying some time all together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with JoLayna, he's still cute!! He looks really grown up though. What a nice mom to make moo muffins. :) And the less teeth to have to brush the better, that's what I say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. he looks so much like Luke in that top pic.
    wow - i'm so glad you guys are home.
    we love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little guy. I think he will look cute without a front tooth. He is just a little ahead of his time. If it were Cately she would be so pumped because she is one of the last kids in her class to loose teeth so maybe it will be actually a "COOL" thing for him to be on his way with missing teeth here and there. Good job you guys for doing such a good job of taking the best care of your family and your little critter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you remind him that the Tooth Fairy comes to visit, and money is involved? Maybe you should rent the movie Tooth Fairy with Dwayne Johnson, or watch The Santa Claus #2 with the Tooth Fairy. He would laugh! Glad you can be home together. Love you mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, I can't believe all that Critter has gone through- he is the toughest kid! Now he'll just look like it too (:

    ReplyDelete