Saturday, September 4, 2010

Back and Forth


One more time! Right? Well round five is a little different. We do 2 days of chemo, go home for 5 days, then back for 2 more days of chemo and count recovery. We went in on Tuesday (Aug 31) and since we only went for 2 days I didn't bring the computer. I told Jason to make a post but it didn't happen sorry. Anyway, Tuesday, chemo, by Wednesday morning he was throwing up everywhere. Bigger doses yet again. The good news is that they are giving him a steroid with his chemo to try to prevent the rash. So far it has worked! The skin isn't tearing, no blisters, no burning! He does look a little splotchy but hey we take what we can get.


Tuesday and Wednesday chemo. He got his last dose on Thursday morning and then at 42 hours (which was actually 43 hours because pharmacy was a little slow) He got a chemo shot. A mean chemo shot. They say it stings pretty bad. All I know is Critter was really unhappy for a while. They kept us for another hour to make sure he didn't have any reactions and then sent us home! Now that's the kind of chemo I can handle! I made it home just after the kids got out of school! I was worried that Critter might be sick at home but he has done great! We continued nausea meds until Friday morning and gave him an extra day of steroids just to make sure. On Thursday Critter slept in until 9:30! Its kinda sad. He is more comfortable at the hospital then he is at home. All last week we fought him on going to bed or down for naps but as soon as we were in the hospital he slept great! Friday morning 6:45 am he was up! I guess I should be thankful he is comfortable at the hospital.


The plan is to go back into the hospital on Tuesday and we will probably be there about 3 weeks. The pics are from this week in the hospital and last week we had family pictures. Somewhere in the middle of all this we are finding time to send my brother on a mission. I don't know how I will function without him. He has been the nanny sent from heaven, taking my children at my beck and call. Luke spent half of his farewell behind a couch crying because he is going to miss him so much! Needless to say he is an essential part to our family and I'm already counting the days till he comes home.

ONE MORE ROUND! WAHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment