Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Recovery! Finally!

Critter must have known I was at my wits end because he gave me a wonderful day today. We moved around some of his meds and I think it made a huge difference. His labs are also starting to show cell growth. They say when his cells start growing again they will heal him and repair any damage and he will no longer need any of the meds. So better labs, less meds. His white count is only .5 right now but he is up in other areas! That means if they look good for the next few days or even as early as tomorrow we might get to go home! Critter was happy today! He played with toys, he crawled around, he ate food! He still slept a lot but that's expected. He has picked up a few bad habits though. He steals syringes out of nurses pockets and refuses vital signs unless he is eating a cinnamon bear. I am just happy he is feeling better. I'm sorry there haven't been any good pics lately. I will post some tomorrow. I'm just so happy he had a good day I felt guilty for my last complaining post. I think the Lord knew I was done. Maybe it is true that the Lord will never give you more than you can handle. I had had enough and today was a relief. I am ready to face another day and another round of chemo. One more! We are almost there!

5 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed!! So glad you got some relief. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart! Praying for a better day!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope you get to come home before the weekend and before school starts. My kids would love to have Dallin and Luke over to play anyday~ seriously anyday. You are always in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart was happy to hear how much better he is doing. I know it makes a huge difference in your families overall health emotionally and physically that he is doing well. I am so so so glad and hope that things continue to improve quickly so that you can get home before school starts hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can you call your last post complaining? Gosh, every time I read my blog I am more and more amazed by you.

    ReplyDelete